TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
As a registered attendee / participant of the Net Zero Forum (“The event”) you agree to these terms and conditions (the "Agreement") with Smart Energy Decisions ("SED"). If you are completing the registration on behalf of someone else, you acknowledge that you have made the attendee or participant aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions.
- You agree to treat our staff, attendees, other customers and service providers with fairness, integrity, dignity and respect.
- You agree to respect the values, beliefs, cultures and religions of such persons.
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions given by our employees during the event.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. All other costs associated with your attendance (travel, accommodation expenses, etc) are your responsibility, and SED shall have no liability for such costs.
- Identification. At check in, you must provide a form of photo identification to be given a badge.
- Attendee Badge Usage. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas.
- Event Content. SED, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, location, program, themes, content, speakers, moderators and time.
- Use of Likeness. By attending the Event you grant SED the right at the Event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- Visa Requirements. It is solely your responsibility to comply with any government visa requirements and failure to do so does not constitute a basis for a refund.
- No form of harassment, discrimination or threatening, malicious or abusive language or conduct will be tolerated towards our staff, visitors, other attendees or service providers.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your badge. If you violate this policy, SED may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of sessions at the Event. SED allows cameras on the show floor. You may take pictures within the show for purposes of company or annual reports, company media pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- Denial of Admission. SED reserves the right to deny admission to anyone for any reason.
- Payment. Applicable fees are due upon registration. If payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, SED may refuse to admit you and shall have no resulting liability.
- Discount and Special Rates. There are no special rates for daily attendance, expo hall only attendance, etc.; only full conferences passes are available. If you register using a special rate that is not applicable to you, you hereby give SED the right to charge your card for the difference upon notice that SED does not agree with your selection of a special rate. All determinations of special rates are in the sole discretion of SED.
- Discount Codes. No discount codes will be honored for onsite registration and attendance. Discount codes may not be used in combination with any other discounts.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your fees will not be adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount or any other reason.
- Taxes. Fees may be subject to sales tax, value added tax, or other taxes and duties, which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
Cancellation, Lost Badges and Substitutions
- Badge Issuance. Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person.
- Attendee Fees are Nonrefundable. SED does not refund fees.
- No Carry Over Fees. There will be no carry over of registrations or fees to subsequent events.
- No Conversion to Sponsor Pass. Registered attendees cannot convert their passes to complimentary sponsor passes.
- SED is committed to protecting the privacy of its attendees and participants. Please review our privacy notice at https://www.smartenergydecisions.com/about/privacy-policy
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- Except as required by law, SED shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- SED gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an "as-is" basis. SED does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- The maximum liability of SED for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to SED under this Agreement.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind SED in any respect whatsoever.
- SED's failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. SED shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond SED's reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for this Agreement to otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with SED's prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Florida and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and State courts located in the State of Florida.
- A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by SED or the Event sponsors or speakers at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation "SED") or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of SED.